“Through The Years”-Gardening Project, Saint Munchins.
The Aim of the project was:
To help build stronger links between the young and old through the process of gardening in the hope that all ages can live together in a Friendly, Respectful Community that aims to be Environmentally Safe.
The Community Garden Objectives were:
- To Educate both young and old in:
- Communication & Development
- Organic/Gardening Skills
- Healthy Eating
- Environmental Issues
- To help stop the Isolation of the older people in the community
- To create a Positive Image of the older people in the community
- To help promote an “Age Friendly Community”.
- To produce a DVD through pictures taken, on the progress of the project from beginning to end.
That the Knowledge, Skills and Experiences of the older people in the community be passed on to the younger generation “-Lest they be forgotten”
Southill Community Garden now open.
New Community Garden open in Southill Area Centre.
- Raised beds
- Water feature
- Herb Garden
- Training courses including; potting, planting etc.
Supported by Limerick City V.E.C. and Paul Partnerships Food For those of you who are interested in volunteering, the contact information is below.
Southill Area Centre, Southill Family Resource Centre
O’Malley Park, Limerick. 267 / 268 Avondale court,
Phone (061) – 603710 O’Malley park. .
Phone (061) – 440250